Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Superman: Metropolis Videogame Concept Art







I enjoyed playing the Batman: Arkham City game so much that I decided to create some concept art for what would conceivably be a similar game but for Superman instead. I did these as 'demos' for the Intro to Visual Development class that I just finished teaching over at the LA Academy of Figurative Art.

 They weren't real-time demos but more week by week demos to show my students the process of taking an idea/story and bringing it to life visually through the pipeline of character design, prop design, environment design and ending with pitch art.

So for any other Supes fans, I hope you enjoy 'em!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mauricio, awesome work! and I especially like "outdoor street plaza"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work, Mauricio. I like the storytelling in the top piece, and the BG layouts are just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic artwork, I like environment concept!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome! i really love the top painting, it really makes me want to know what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Rocksteady picks you up for this! Good work man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome technique, you're really talented. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)