Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Red Sea Astrarium Concept Art


Last year I got to do some work for RGH Entertainment, which is building The Red Sea Astrarium in Aqaba, Jordan. I happened to come across there website recently and was pleasantly surprised to see one of the concepts that I had done for them, which you can also see here. This is for an indoor water ride, you know, in case you couldn't tell.

 It was genuinely a fun piece to work on and a great project to be a part of, and hopefully, if I ever make it out to Jordan, I'll get to see how much, if any, of my original concept will be in the attraction. Enjoy!


8 comments:

  1. I like the use of angle to ramp up the drama and excitement in this one. Must be amazing to know that one of your designs is going to become a real place that people can experience!
    Looks terrifying, by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work Mauricio. I'm looking forward to see this park finished!

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY cool man! love it. Looks like a ride? I want to go on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone for the nice words!

    George: I'd like to think that what they actually and eventually build will be close to what I have concepted, but alas this was just a rough concept to depict one of the more exciting moments of the attraction, which is obviously a water ride. If anything, this was just to capture the energy and spirit of the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of water and electricity -- should be a fun ride!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chris: HAHA! Those two always make for a great combination. You can never have too much lightning in a concept piece. Never.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, look at that; it's got all the scale and drama.
    Red Sea, eh? Moses would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go, Mauricio!! It looks really cool and exciting and you nailed that exhilarating feel. Congratulations and hope someday you'll get to visit the actual attraction!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)