Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Just Say the Word" - Dwayne The Rock Johnson as Black Adam


Earlier this week Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson teased that he will be in an upcoming DC film as a character that has the power of Superman, is NOT Green Lantern, and finished it off by stating, “Just say the word.”
In case you’re not a total fanboy or don’t happen to know much of DC mythology, he is most likely referring to the character of Captain Marvel, who is in real life young Billy Batson who at the proclamation of the word “Shazam” transforms into the adult Captain Marvel.
Though seeing The Rock as a hero would be cool, I personally would prefer to see him as Black Adam, the villainous counterpart to Captain Marvel. Not only does he already bear a physical similarity to the character, but seeing Dwayne in the role of a villain would be really satisfying, especially in going up against the boy scout image of Henry Cavill’s Superman.
This illustration was originally intended to be a quick photoshop chop job, and if you would’ve asked me last week if I would have ever imagined myself painting The Rock as a villain, I would’ve easily told you no. But as I started to put down on the screen what I was seeing in my head, it just became too much fun not to finish as an illustration. Plus, I’ve always enjoyed Black Adam and the whole lightning thing so those two things definitely didn’t make it harder to want to paint.
In any case I’m willing to bet DC will announce who he’ll be officially playing sometime this weekend at Comic-Con.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)