Saturday, June 20, 2015

Father's Day 2015 Part 1 of 2


I'm not a father, at least not that I know of, but this first (of two) Father's Day illustration was inspired by a moment I experienced about a year or so ago. I was coming home late after one of those long and draining days at work. You know, the kind that are so mentally exhausting that they also drain you physically and all you want to do is lie down and do nothing?

Well as I was about to unlock my front door I had a moment for some random reason where I thought to myself - 'Oh my god, if I had to come home to a family right now and help my kid with their homework, give them a bath and put them to sleep, I just don't know how I'd be able to do it.' Usually I come home and do some art, but I didn't even want to do that and I LOVE art! It was then that I felt like I got a small glimpse into what it's like to be a father which led me to illustrate this one page comic. So this goes out to all the great papa bears out there who go to a grueling job day in and day out and still have enough for their kid(s) at the end of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)