Thursday, March 28, 2013

From the Pen of L.E. Fant (my 19th Century British Naturalist alter-ego)


A curious site to see an elephant play
Splashing and dancing
In such an elephant way

A thunderous stomp, a trumpeting blow
Such joyful revelry 
That only she can know

*****

A heartfelt shout out to Ces whose request for an elephant at first had me intrigued at the idea, then panicked because it wasn't turning out well, and finally glad because it serendipitously led me to this latest animal piece. Hope you enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOHHHHHH!!! You did a magnificent job. She looks mighty fine. Oh my, I can hear the confident voice of Colonel Harding's wife. Thank you Mauricio. This is a beautiful elephant. She looks so happy! A blessed Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! It's my pleasure, and a Happy Easter to you and yours as well!

      Delete
  2. I like the lines, written and drawn. They make me smile instead of yawn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAAAAH! Hehehe, I love elephants! She's regal and powerful and all sorts of wonderful. Stomp stomp splash splash! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone! These animals are proving to be a fun exercise. Can't wait to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work, congrats Mauricio!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)