Monday, April 22, 2013

Ukraine, Amsterdam, Rembrandt and Moving - All In 2 Weeks!



Hey Folks, I apologize for being out of the loop for the past two weeks, but it has been quite a busy two weeks. I will post a more thorough entry on my experiences as I got to go to the newly opened (after almost 10 years) Rijks Museum in Amsterdam, which is home to Rembrandt's masterpiece The Night Watch (picture above). I was in the Ukraine and later Amsterdam for one week on business for my company. The cool thing about working in the themed entertainment industry is that we get to design and build things not just in the States but all over the world, which means we also have to meet with those clients all over the world. 

And if that weren't enough, right when I got back I had to pack to get ready to move in two days. Technically I'm still in the middle of moving, but at least I'm transplanted into my new place. But if you were to look in my apartment right now, you'd see boxes, boxes everywhere!

So until I get my bearings straight, I hope everyone's keeping up on their projects, enjoying life and staying safe.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! I am jaaaalous!!! Hehehe! I always wanted to go to the Rijks Museum. Sigh. How exciting for you and to be packing in the middle of everything! Okay, do share some more when you are settled. Nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the fun you have, Mauricio! What a stunning work of art. I remember my art appreciation teacher in college drilling the importance of this painting into our heads but alas, I've forgotten now. I need a refresher course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to your endeavors my friend, good to hear from you and keeping in touch. Success have found you in so many ways. Godspeed!!! Thank You for the visit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Mauricio, I'm so happy that you get to travel the world for work. I have a cousin in the Hague that I've been meaning to visit, and this certainly gives me impetus to do so. It sounds like it was a very inspiring trip. I can't wait to hear more about it! Good luck with your move meanwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowsers! That is so exciting, lucky you! And I had no idea how enormous that painting was in real life.

    All that, and moving too. Your life must be crazy busy, but all with wonderful things, hopefully. Good luck with the unpacking. Don't get lost amidst the boxes. Tip: leave a trail of breadcrumbs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could have seen this painting with you! It looks breathtaking! Lucky you got to be there when it newly reopened!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could have seen this painting with you! It looks breathtaking! Lucky you got to be there when it newly reopened!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, that is so impressive, Mauricio! I'm happy that you're in your new digs and have gotten to visit such an amazing museum. That is one incredible piece to see in person..I can only imagine how in awe you must have been! I have missed so many wonderful posts - your "sketches" (which I call full-blown illustration/final art pieces) are fabulous! Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead and happy May to you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)