Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Batman Animatic: Progress Update #2


I have been working on and off for the past year and a half on a Batman animatic for an original story I came up with years ago. In case you're not familiar, an animatic is a kind of 'film' made up of a series of storyboards edited together, sometimes with voice acting, music and other cinematic effects to give an idea of what the final scene could be.

I'm hoping to finish this by the end of the summer, and have it be ready for uploading to Youtube by end of August (at least that's the deadline I've given myself). Until then, I'm excited to share a few images from the animatic, and I'll be posting more in the coming weeks! 

This has also been a rather interesting project as I've had to explore new styles and approaches to make my art visually appealing while at the same time easy to finish in a short amount of time. So far my animatic is running at almost 200 individual images! This is definitely a labor of love as I'm not intending it for any professional use but rather simply for the joy of telling the story that's in my head. 

If you've been following my other posts, you'll know that I've got several other serious projects in the works as well, and this one just got put on priority simply for the sake of getting it out there. In the past I used it as a break from my other work, but lately I've been so frustrated by its long incubation that I decided to just finish it so I could move on with my other projects. So as a great man once said,

"You either get busy living, or you get busy dying."

6 comments:

  1. This is looking mighty fine good sir! Very Year One. I can already see it in motion. Are you going to be animating it with After Effects or Premiere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kev! Yeah, I will be doing a little stuff in After Effects, but all in all, it will be really simple.

      Delete
  2. This teaser looks great, Mauricio. It's got drama! Looking forward to the finished animatic.

    It's a funny thing about projects. As we get older there seems to be more of them on the back burner, with less and less time to finish them all. It takes serious dedication to stay on top of it. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ted! Yes, personal projects are a mighty challenge, especially when they are long term and not income generating. But then again, those probably become the best ones since they're done out of passion.

      Delete

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)