Wednesday, November 12, 2014

DesignerCon 2014 A Success!


DesignerCon 2014 was held this past weekend at the Pasadena Convention Center and showcased a lot of amazing creations from designers spanning the fields of art, toys, apparel, and more. This year's show saw a record number of attendees as well as exhibitors who were so numberous that another exhibit hall had to be used just to contain them all. This is clearly one of the LA area's growing cons so be sure to check it out next year in November before it becomes too hard to attend.

My experience at the show was a fantastic one to say the least. I made some new friends, met some cool fans, and got to see a lot of people react to some of my pieces that they had seen before online. It wasn't uncommon for me to hear them say that they had seen something either on Facebook, Reddit, or one of the many entertainment websites that has written about my art.


At all my conventions I like to do something special for my fans by giving them chances to win FREE exclusive poster prints of my art. These are typically larger-sized and printed specifically for each show. I held two separate contests - one specifically for  patrons of my booth and another Twitter-exclusive contest where anyone could enter simply by tweeting their desired print and tagging me. Here are some of the lucky winners from the weekend.




During moments of downtime I usually like to sketch some of my favorite characters. These are typically only done for fun, but if I end up liking how they turn out, I usually put them out in front in case someone might like to buy them. This time around I had enough time to complete two portrait sketches. I drew Superman on Saturday and Venom on Sunday though the Venom portrait was completed toward the end of the day unfortunately. Oh, well. He'll get his time in the spotlight at the next convention.




Unfortunately I won't be appearing at any more conventions for the rest of this year, but hopefully there'll be lots more opportunities next year. Until the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know what you think :)